dbmet

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at purchasing my first tank, and I'm trying to decide between the 58gal show and the 75 gal show..any opinions.
I want this to be a FOWLR..

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your price difference?
bigger is always better...
Where do you live, ie have good floor supports?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more importantly, what is your budget?
I decided to go with a 100 instead of a 75 and now i am almost regretting it. (not really though) If I had stuck to the 75,-for as much cash that I have drained into the 100- I would have LR halfway cured in my tank, not just a pile of stuff on the living room floor. (can;t seem to get plumbing right...)

just my 2c
b

dbmet

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
price difference here is about 110 dollars..I live in a house with laminate flooring on top of concrete flooring.

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, house, you are already in a better place I am. I live in the third floor of an apt and didn't find out I could get away with a bigger tank till I already had my tank in place with fish
icon_smile.gif
. I have dreams of a tank that is 10 ft long, so I'll be happy till then.

If your budget can support the larger tank AND you have a place to put it, then go for the larger. One of my friends got a tank and had to literally rearrange the downstairs to find a place for it (but it was huge)
icon_smile.gif

Otherwise, there isn't that much difference & you'll be fine with either
icon_smile.gif

dbmet

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...I think the budget would be better off with the 58gallon..but that 75 sure looks nice...heheh....thanks again.

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 58, and Im able to do everything high tech, smaller tank = less money for best stuff. Your decision... have fun!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, a 90 gal is only a little more, and the footprint is the same as a 75...

(He He He He He)
b

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: