E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I think for now I'm going to stick with carbon and GFO, and see where that takes me.. In the meantime I'll keep up with regular water changes and good maintenance. (Meanwhile, I'll keep researching the Zeovit/ULNS systems)

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Which is why this method has always seemed strange to me. Can it be a good thing long term to selectively starve off the very evolutionary adaptation that enables corals to exist in the 1st place----the symbiosis with zoox? Even if you can selectively supplement the nutritional requirements via various potions and elixirs ( which it seems you can ) I can't help but think this is stressful and quite unnatural for the animals.

To my understanding, Zeovit Method is actually trying to reproduce nature MORE closely. Because natural reefs have a constant water parameter of very little dissolved nutrients and solids but yet at the same time a large food supply, you get very clean water with almost undetectable phosphates and nutrient levels. Zeovit is trying to reproduce that Ultra low nutrient Water evironment but still daily dosing of food sources such as Sponge Power, Zeofood7, Coral Vitalizer, etc...

Essentially, you are keeping the water at 0 dissolved nutrients and simultaneously supplying food everyday just like in a natural reef environment. Our traditional systems have always had problems with supplying massive food sources without increasing dissolved nutrients.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
That should fit just fine

It will definitely fit in the sump, but I'm not sure how large it is, and I need exact measurements. The way I have my baffles hooked up is right at 9.5 inches to the dot, maybe a bit less than that.

I could switch some things around and have it the other way, but would prefer not to

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
It will definitely fit in the sump, but I'm not sure how large it is, and I need exact measurements. The way I have my baffles hooked up is right at 9.5 inches to the dot, maybe a bit less than that.

I could switch some things around and have it the other way, but would prefer not to

As long as your baffles ar 6inc apart your fine that sump is 12inc wide . Mesure it you will see

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
600 gallon NET system volume...Here's some pics taken a few months ago:

FragSystem.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Last edited:

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm in Huntington. My home shop is open Mondays and Thursdays by appointment. All other days appointments can be made but I'm not around until later in the evenings. I'm eventually moving into a full retail shop but it'll take a while to plan out and get going. As soon as the weather gets real nice, I'll have an open house too!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Which is why this method has always seemed strange to me. Can it be a good thing long term to selectively starve off the very evolutionary adaptation that enables corals to exist in the 1st place----the symbiosis with zoox? Even if you can selectively supplement the nutritional requirements via various potions and elixirs ( which it seems you can ) I can't help but think this is stressful and quite unnatural for the animals.

I totally agree with this. Fritzs perpetual fall theory.lol. Best theory ive heard yet.:scratch:

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Take a look at the post I made a few back. IMO, what is unatural is subjecting corals to the nutient levels of a closed system. Reefs in nature have HUGE food supplys but very very clean and low dissolved nutrients in the actual water. This is the replication that Zeovit is trying to make. Strip the water clean of all dissolved nutrients (ULNS) and then dose back food suspended in the water column...not dissolved into the chemistry.

recife

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think it is that strange, Zeovit is like most bacterial systems.
Just some overdue it so they get pastel colours,

I use Fauna marin system and i also get pastel colours if i go to hard.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: