STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I have 3 acanthophelia. All we're doing great for a while. Eating regularly and fully "puffed" up. Now two seem to be dying on me. The third is happy as can be. The worst case has the skeleton sticking through the meat and mouth is open. The other is shriveled up and u can clearly see the skeleton under the flesh and is losing color. Neither of the sickly ones extend their feeders. Any suggestions on how I can attempt to save them. My parameters are all good except my alk which was high at around 10.5 and I'm lowering it slowly as to not shock all my other corals. I will do a water change when I get salt hopefully Thursday. Please any suggestions are appreciated because they were super expensive.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Feeding

I know to feed them but they no longer extend their feeder tentacles at all. How do I feed if they won't accept food? Should I try to push food into their mouths? Doesn't help that shrimp, hermits, and snails try to steal anything I give my lps.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Since you haven't been feeding them it's going to take sometime for the feeder tentacles to start to come out again. So, try feeding them just before the lights are schedule to go off or just after they go off. Eventually the feeder tentacles will start to come out again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: