hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Anyone have any experience with a old 75g without center brace?

I posted this in another thread and the suggestion was to use the frame for screens but my tank isnt drilled so its complicated in the back. But, the biggest issue for me is not having the door for feeding.

Any insight would be appreciated.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I make them for rimmed tanks. Just use window frame and bird netting. However for my AIO am looking to do something like Kathy did here.

kti9.jpg

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
What's the best tip for it to look clean when going around a return and overflow? Tank is not drilled.

I tried to make one of these but it looked horrible because you had to turn the corners upside down to navigate around. And you had to cut the tabs off some ends for it to fit, then it just kept falling apart

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Tommy check the link i posted above. You can use eggcrate to create a straight edge to meet the screen top and cut out the eggcrate to fit around any equipment or plumbing.

When you do this, also be sure to add a piece of netting on top of the egg crate using small cable ties as many fish can easily jump through the egg crate sized openings :(

We demonstrated this at the swap this past fall.

It is also the same solution for bow front tanks -- by adding a piece of egg crate to the front :)

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
When you do this, also be sure to add a piece of netting on top of the egg crate using small cable ties as many fish can easily jump through the egg crate sized openings :(

We demonstrated this at the swap this past fall.

It is also the same solution for bow front tanks -- by adding a piece of egg crate to the front :)

Yes I will. Thank you kindly, Kathy.

njgl_torres

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hi

guys ...

just an info ...

i just found this acrylic store in downtown manhattan, they open monday to saturday.

the picture was taken on sunday thats why they close...

build your own refugium, ato , top screen cover or any acrylic needs on DIY project on ur tank, this store has it, they cut any sizes u want, the have a ready made 7x6 acrylic around $5 each...

hope this can help some reefers that dont want to spend alot...

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 241

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: