44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hello all,

Just wanted to share with everyone that i chose to take a risk in this hobby, or at least to me. I have a 120gallon REEF tank with lots of exotic corals and medium and small fish. I wanted an EEL bad was not willing to risk one in my tank. Well i was looking at Divers Den and you guessed it...i crumbled! I was concerned mostly for my beautiful baby b/w clowns, not concerned about all the crabs and shrimp that i have. Well he arrived today and off he went into my display tank (yes he was acclimated). Within 1 minute he ATE my two clowns...J/K :) Within one minute my two skunks were cleaning the inside of his mouth with the eel open wide and my 2 blood shrimps cleaning his body. All other critters and fish dont seem at all different. Well ill post pics real soon in HD and update how he does. He is 16 inches and maxes at 24 inches. Lets see what happens at NIGHT ;):biglaugh:

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thanks, i will definitely update with pics and HD video. He's been in now for 5 hours and hanging in back of rock. I have 120lbs of rock and 4 actual caves but two are already taken. The four shrimp are still picking at him and looks like the eel and shrimp seem happy. I will wait to attempt to feed him until tomorrow. I'm so relieved that he at least wasn't a total killer from the actual release...you never know. Very premature, but so far so good.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nope, not at all. Max out at two feet and main diet is shrimp, crabs, etc...not fish.

I would never put anything larger or known fish eater in my tank and DD has tank size at 50 gallons min and invert diet and listed as eating frozen too.

I did my research, i'm just taking a risk with 4 very nice small fish. We will see...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: