helipilot

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to add some old dead "live"rock that has been boiled and wrapped in newspaper for some time. It is just a couple pieces of old Tonga, less than a pound, that will just fit into my existing rockwork. My reef has been up and running for almost a year and doing great. a LFS here locally said to just put it in and in a couple of months it would become live rock again. Are there any pros, cons, or how to's I should know? Thank you in advance for your help.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about adding it to an existing cycled tank. I would try to cycle it before you put into your tank that is doing good already.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are Ok to put into the tank, If you have any extra salt water to rinse them off, you can do that too. And yes six months or more they should kick off and become live rock again.
Not really any pros or cons. Maybe the water displacement or the brightness of the white rocks. Just keep the water quality up and running good and it will all fall into the right places :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: