kasha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hi,
i have been using a cheap aquasafecanada RO Di unit for a year and have had enough of it. is there any unit out there that any of you can recommend which is good quality but not super expensive? preferably it would be a unit that doesnt require plumbing, if that is even possible.

thanks

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R.O.D.I. units are nothing more than a bunch of cannisters that hold filters, and tubing in between. as long as you have the right filters in those cannisters, it will work just as well as one someone spent 300 bucks for.

what is yours doing? have you replaced the filters and D.I. resin recently?
if you have a unit right now, i suggest against purchasing a new one.

kasha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
well first of all its leaking very slightly. second of all, the DI resin gets used up very quickly. i dont think the membrane is doing what it is supposed to. if the rejection rate is 98% and manhattan water reads 55 with a TDS meter than i should have a reading of 5 going in to the resin, i dont. i purchased a new membrane and it didnt help. i know the set up is correct...

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the leaking can be corrected with a new O-ring, or some teflon tape, depending where it's coming from.
what do you have beofre the D.I. cannister?
a 100 micron, a carbon, and a R.O.?
how many gph is the R.O.?
what kind of water pressure are you getting before the unit?

kasha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the leaking can be corrected with a new O-ring, or some teflon tape, depending where it's coming from.
what do you have beofre the D.I. cannister?
a 100 micron, a carbon, and a R.O.?
how many gph is the R.O.?
what kind of water pressure are you getting before the unit?

before the DI i have the RO membrane and before that 3 prefilters. the Ro is 100GPD purchased frm bulkreefsupply. i also have an inline booster pump which raises the pressure to 100.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: