SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
after the cycle you add cuc ,I was gonna add one fish after a week or two after that then wait a month or so and add a frag..I read somewhere to add the fish last it this how its done or does it matter? It seems the more I read the more I get confused..My thought was add a fish so the feeding and waste from the fish would make the bacteria stronger then add corals.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
sometimes you have to stop reading, and just do it. the more you read the more opinions you get. not that their right. they may work for them, but not for you or viceversa.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
I agree with Edd. So many people will tell you to do it a certain way. I would not add a huge bioload to the tank at once. But a CUC is a necessity when you start to see the diatoms (brown algae on rock and sand). Then after you are sure that the cycle is complete then add your fish. The only time you really need to add in a certain order is that known aggressive fish should be added last.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: