• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Looking for 2 in wall air conditioner. Which is a good brand and quiet... I know panasonic is pretty quiet.. But I don't find have they any inwall ac anymore.. What do you guys think of the Friedrich?

Thanks

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
and they are expensive too.. I check couple of the inwall, oh my god... they are like around 800 to 1600....

russianmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Agreed that Friedrich is a very good brand - but don't be stuck to it if it's only for the slieve in the wall - tons of other models will fit the slieve. If you can get a better deal on a quieter unit (Friedrich is very noisy, IMO), which is energy-star compliant, go for it.

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Agreed that Friedrich is a very good brand - but don't be stuck to it if it's only for the slieve in the wall - tons of other models will fit the slieve. If you can get a better deal on a quieter unit (Friedrich is very noisy, IMO), which is energy-star compliant, go for it.

I read their site, it said very quiet.. Here's the link..

http://www.friedrich.com/products/ModelOverview.php?model=SM18L30A

Also, can anyone tell me what's the difference between the inwall Ac and the one wall sleeve replacement. Since there's already an inwall ac there, do I get the inwall ac or wall sleeve replacement..

Thanks

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
it depends on your home, if your home was built pre 1980 then most homes were fitted with Fedders sleaves and A/C. Fedders went downhill and Friedrich made an A/C that fits that sleave exactly but it costs $$$ and very inefficient. Friedrich today is still top of the line but there not what they used to be.....they are using LG compressors on a lot of there models.

my next in the wall A/C will be 1 of these:
http://www.mrslim.com/Products/Category.asp?ProductCategoryID=24

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i had the problem too with the inwall AC. THe configration of the window and in wall units are different. The In wall AC have all the cooling and venting in the back of the unit. The window AC draw air from the side and exhaust from the rear.
I found out there are (2) size of in wall sleeves "A" and "B" size i don't know the exact specs. I think the Fredich is a "A" size. but not really sure.

I read their site, it said very quiet.. Here's the link..

http://www.friedrich.com/products/ModelOverview.php?model=SM18L30A

Also, can anyone tell me what's the difference between the inwall Ac and the one wall sleeve replacement. Since there's already an inwall ac there, do I get the inwall ac or wall sleeve replacement..

Thanks

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Do you mean in wall as you have a hole in the wall for the AC to go through. Or are you looking for and AC that mounts on the wall like this one http://www.kingersons.com/mini-split-air-conditioner.html#24000minisplitairconditioner

I prefer the portable ones that you could roll to any room i think they have a sale a costco. I have a costco card if you need to get in.

Well, though about getting that split one with two unit.. But then since I already have two inwall ac already.. which they are old, and I need to replace them..

Thanks for the offer..

russianmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So I guess the question is, the in-wall units that you are planning to replace - are they 'just in the wall' or do they have a branded slieve?

If you don't have a slieve, than just get whatever fits the old hole best and go with Consumer Report recs. Oh, and don't forget 'liquid nails' - fantastic product for filling in all crooks and crannies.

(On a tangent - if they color it with gray or black, some pet stores sell it as 'waterfall foam'. Same stuff!)

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
if you need to fill the gaps in wall get some thing call "great stuff" it used to fill cracks to insulate. Don't use liquid nail to insulate you'll have a hard time removing it.

So I guess the question is, the in-wall units that you are planning to replace - are they 'just in the wall' or do they have a branded slieve?

If you don't have a slieve, than just get whatever fits the old hole best and go with Consumer Report recs. Oh, and don't forget 'liquid nails' - fantastic product for filling in all crooks and crannies.

(On a tangent - if they color it with gray or black, some pet stores sell it as 'waterfall foam'. Same stuff!)

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, I just move in to this house, and when I move in, the inwall ac is there already.. But from outside look it have the sleeve.. I just have to measure it and get the right size for those hole.. One of the old ac is GE, and the other one is Carrier... Still thinking if I should get the Fredrich or other brand.. Any suggestion.. one at least 15000 BTU, and the other at least 10000 BTU..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: