vder

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have an Apex controller along with 4 AI SOL blue lights. I have had no luck in getting the H to read right on the Apex regardless of the brand probe I used.

Started looking for stray voltage that could possibly interfere with the Ph. reading. I found two lights that when unplugged would allow the Ph. reading on the Apex display to return too normal.

No matter the AC outlet used, different circuit or powered from the energy bar itself when powered up these lights cause the Ph. to max out at 12.3.

Switched around power supplies from a good light to one that caused problems and had no issue the Ph. read fine. IS it possible two power supplies went bad although the lights work fine?

Has this occurred before with theses lights and an Apex? Looking to see what I can test to figure out the root problem. TIA.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem and I ended up having to change where I had the apex base unit mounted. I also have an apex lite...that when mounted in the exact same spot never had a problem with the pH reading. So I sent the Apex base unit back and had it checked...twice ! It was fine. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem. I eventually just ended up moving the base unit around until the pH started reading correctly....sounds strange, but worked. Relocate the base unit is a lot easier and WAY less frustrating.

vder

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the reccomendation will try moving around the base unit on Sunday. The other odd thing is when unplugging the VDM module from the base unit the PH reading drops down to where it should be.

If I disconnect the lights so they are not daisy chained the PH reading is fine also. All data cables verified to be fine. No matter which light is the lead light same thing occurs when connected together. I feel there is something not right with the VDM module. Currently customer service has me testing and inspecting etc etc . I get the feeling they are hoping I give and go away.

vder

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tried moving around the unit all over the place didn't yield the desired results. When disconnecting the USB cable from the Aqua bus for he VDM module the PH reading drops to normal.

Thanks for the suggestion

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: