akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Finally have some time for myself and with the summer almost over slowly starting to get the itch back so figured i'd get this tank thread going for my documentation:

Elos 100:
Elos sump:
Elos Stand:
Mp40x2
Apex controller
Apex dos for dosing
Elite aquatics dosing containers for alk and calc.
Zeroedge lighttree
Geisseman Spectra lights
Tunze ATO
60lbs Real reef rock
Teco tk1000 chiller

Frag tank:
Picked this up from my friend kingator and this thing is a beauty.
Reefoman custom tank with x-aqua inout overflow: 22 x 15.5 x 10.5
Custom stand
Blue glow frag racks
Currently using a kessill 150, but should be picking up my ATI powermodule next week.

Here's Tank empty:

Here I moved everything over into main tank before I plumbed the frag tank:

Here is everything before I lost all my sps. Had great growth and color until i started experimenting with bacteria. Lost my WD tenuis about a week after i got it.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I lost my sps I believe because I wasn't careful with prodibio. I believe it's a good product but have to be careful because it strips your system way to clean. I've always run a nutrient rich tank which I preferred just because of the darker colors and my lps.
Along with prodibio stripping my system too clean I ran ESV salt. Problem with the salt is the alk is way too high killing any window i have for mistakes.
I lost all my sps slowly and couldn't figure out why because all my parameters were spot on. It was after talking to a few other reefers I came to the conclusion it was an ULNS system along with high alk.

Since then, i've stopped dosing prodibio and switched salts back to DD ocean along with dosing Elos aminos. As far as I can tell my shrooms and lps have started to come back thicker and fuller like they used to.

ssdawood

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Plus one. Two years ago I lost all my sps to prodibio too. That stuff works great and stripped my water of all nutrients. Slowly my acros starved to death.

Not saying it's a bad product, only use it if you have nutrient problem. I had nitrates 5 and phosphates 0.02. I had a tuft of hair algae and to get rid of that I dosed produbio.

Stupid me. Now I know. Lol

kingator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
great set up great choice for equipment .....now lets get some good macro shots of those heavy hitting lps u have in there lol Glwb BUDDY

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Tanks been up for a few months. Added a few fish from The reef shoppe. Definetely a nice little store. After losing most of my pieces slowly getting my sps collection back up. Everything is looking great just waiting now for the growth.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
It's been awhile since i've updated. My schedule got extremely busy and started losing sps, so switched back to lps and shrooms for now:

I hated the elos sumps so I ordered one from synergy reef. It's an awesome sump and I love it.

Here's what my tank looks like right now. Still have lots of spots to fill in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: