theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anywhere between 8-11 is good. Shot for 9-10. This way if/when it gets a point up or down you still have time to correct before it falls out of range.

Alkaline and ph usually work together. Meaning when one goes up or down so does the other. Althou alkaline moves a lil slower.

Alkaline and calcium work against each other. Meaning when one goes up or down the other does the opposite

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Magnesium is more stable than alkaline and calcium and usually stays within range. But if it does fall out of range it becomes much harder to keep alkaline and calcium from swinging around

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Mag stays pretty much 1400 as far as calcium it's. 416 alk is 8.8 they both dip a little but mag stays pretty much da same I have no doser scared 2 get 1 heard 2 many stories about doser dosing 2 much tanks crashing really thinking if gettin 1just don't know which 1

nano

don't fear the reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any LPS? Clams? Crustaceans? If no calcifying corals, then you really won't need to worry, because Alk, Ca, and Mg aren't being consumed by the corals. As long as Alk stays above 6dKH, it will be fine.

Assuming you do water changes and maintain salinity with RODI topoff, those parameters will remain within the guardrails. I would focus on managing salinity, nitrates, and phosphates instead.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Any LPS? Clams? Crustaceans? If no calcifying corals, then you really won't need to worry, because Alk, Ca, and Mg aren't being consumed by the corals. As long as Alk stays above 6dKH, it will be fine.

Assuming you do water changes and maintain salinity with RODI topoff, those parameters will remain within the guardrails. I would focus on managing salinity, nitrates, and phosphates instead.

Good points. Coraline will/should grow and that will consume as well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: