Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I got a carpet anemone about a month ago give or take.he was fine at first. Then his mouth gaped here and there but always went back to normal. My tomato clown did not host at first but then he did and never left him alone and all my carpet did was hide in a crevice under my rocks and his mouth open. He was lifeless today. Im wondering is there an easier anemone and what do you think was the problem with my anemone

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Yes there are MUCH easier anemones to care for, carpets are one of the hardest to keep long term even if you know what your doing and especially if it were a gigantea. I would go with a Bubble tip anemone or BTA if you have the proper lighting you should have no problem.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
You should be able to tell by looking at it, if it deflates or moves it's usually a sign of stress. And yes clowns can bully an anemone, I like to keep the clowns away from any new anemones for a few days till the anemone can settle in. Hope that helps

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: