ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hello everyone, just woke up to an anemone disaster.
The anemone was fine yesterday but this morning it became like this. All my corals are fine and I do not know what my problem is. please help somebody! Can the anemone survive and heal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
It likely got too close to that powerhead on the left of the pic. It has a chance to heal, just keep the power heads away from it

yeah it looks like it did get sucked into the power head. I just placed the anemone in a separate container. And now would I have to do water changes? Assuming that there might be a lot of toxin in the tank now? Hopefully it heals, I'm so sad it turned out like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 115

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
yeah it looks like it did get sucked into the power head. I just placed the anemone in a separate container. And now would I have to do water changes? Assuming that there might be a lot of toxin in the tank now? Hopefully it heals, I'm so sad it turned out like this.

Water changes and replacing carbon never hurts when things like this happen. Good luck

Johnny Spesis

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I too have had this issue, I have always thought it to be a water problem. But I'm not sure. Usually after a heavy feeding, but not always, and my other corals show no ill affects. My RTBA was all stringy 3 days ago, and today it's all puffy, like it should be. I didn't change anything, but feed a little less. I haven't fed the Anenome in a week.

* Yep, I know a lot about nothing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 95

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
keep an eye on it, but try not to touch it too much... i had something similar and i killed it by touching it and moving it around too much. i have had others recover but they need to be left alone.
Now that you have it in a container just let it be.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
It needs lots of water flow to flush the damage tissue out and prevent more rotting, I think the soup container its in is too closed off, unless you're aiming a pump at the container. I'd go with netting.

When I fragged mushrooms and left them in slow moving water, the frags all died out, with bacterial spreading from frag to frag.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: