mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hi,
I've had this long tentacles anemone for about 5 years now with no issues. in the past week his mouth has swollen up and the tentacles have deflated.

The parameters have been stable for 6 months, the only change is that I added some phosegard about 2 weeks ago.

I don't regularly feed him and he was looking fine before this episode

any advice would be appreciated.
29dfg40.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I did rinse the Phosguard, mag levels are normal. I keep the tank temp at 75 but it's possible that the temp went higher due to room temp. Although this happens every hear and there is no issues.

Flow and lighting have been the same. I'll try some mysis shrimp.

Thanks

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you think you are dropping nitrates and po4 as fast as a po4 remover check params before and after a water change. When you add carbon or any type of remover they impact anemones faster than any other items in your system . Nems are mostly water they inhale and expel water daily. Hope this helps .

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I used to keep it at 78-80 but didn't notice any negative impact when i took it down about a year ago
yeah but unless you keep the room very cool year round, or run a chiller, it's better to run the temp a bit higher so you don't have swings. Plus most tropical marine life do better between 76-81

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
same thing happened to mine after the new tank swap, went from a 20g to a 65g , and it kinda shocked it. now its back to normal, im running more carbon, now hes acclimated after about 8 days.

mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Solved. I did a 30% water change and the anemone is back to normal within 4 hours. Not sure what specifically he didn't like but I would assume something build up to a level in the water column that was too much for him. What ever it was didn't impact my SPS, Softies, fish, snails or crabs.

Thanks for the support guys!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: