Ecastillo7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! Question. I am getting into sps in my tank after a long time of keeping softies and lps. But, I am also very fond of bubble tip anemones. Is it possible to keep these guys in mixed reef tanks successfully? I don’t intend to do an all sps tank anytime soon. I still like my euphyllias and zoas. Any tips on keeping them successfully together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idol_reefs

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Question. I am getting into sps in my tank after a long time of keeping softies and lps. But, I am also very fond of bubble tip anemones. Is it possible to keep these guys in mixed reef tanks successfully? I don’t intend to do an all sps tank anytime soon. I still like my euphyllias and zoas. Any tips on keeping them successfully together?

Hey man ,
Saw this post pretty late but I just thought to say it is very possible to keep ‘em in a mixed reef as I do,
But keep in mind they do move on their own so it’s possible it’ll move to a different location and sting some corals or kill along the way!
Also don’t make the mistake I first did by not getting nem guards(they plastic cage’s that go around the wave makers to prevent the nem from getting all slice and diced)

Ecastillo7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the reply! Yes it’s been a debate in my tank to add or not to add lol I know there are alternatives that resemble the movement of anemones but I am a fan of them. Will take this into consideration!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: