Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesturday I purchased 2 anemone from the local fish store, and today when I woke up, one was hanging on the heater and fried and the second was laying in the sand. All my peramiters are good?? What could be the problem??

Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just let them sit in the bag in the water for 20 minutes or so. Then I placed then on the sand, they later moved to the live rock and everything wad good. Idk?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 102

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Inverts require a much longer acclimation process than fish do. They are more sensitive and usually the safest way to acclimate them is a slow drip method. It sounds like the process you used might have been too short for them to get accustomed to your water parameters. I would do a water change and then watch the tank to make sure there are no adverse effects from the dead anemone's. Also run carbon. What kind of lighting do you have?

Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm drip method. I should google that! I'm new to this! I have a 47 gallon Column tank that has been set up for approximately 2 months. I cycled the tank with live rock. Right now I have 40 pnds of Fiji live rock, a cleaner shrimp, 2 damsels, and 4 pec clown fish. I all done with adding fish however I would like to start adding coral, anenimone. I only have a 25 w light strip that came with the tank. I know I will have to upgrade for coral, but u thought it would be ok for an anenimone especially if it on top of the rock like it was.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
You have to replace the strip light as soon as you can. The anemone looks faded from your picture. Anemones like established tanks and don't do well in a tank that just came out of a cycle.

Would it be possible to have someone hold the anemone for you while you give your tank some time to mature a little more?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones are notorious for migrating about the tank. It's possible that the anemone crawled up the heater and was burned when it kicked during the night. I understand that you're new to the hobby, but anemones are an odd bunch and really require a hefty amount of research before purchasing one. Also, if they look like hell, pull 'em out of your tank as soon as possible because they tend to rot and crash tanks.

Acone15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so when I came home it looked like this....? It appears to be alive now?? Should I take it out anywise???

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 45

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: