Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
With everybody loving there tanks why would you chance it not to have a generator. My first year I whent out and bought a high end Rigid 12500 portable, then put in an auto start Detroit Diesel. This thing comes on 10 sec after power goes down and has enough juice to power my whole house (4,300) sqft with power to spear. I ran a line to my neighbors house for some lights, refrigerator tv& dvd.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not to bad but kids school lost power so no school for them. About 3 inch of snow that caused some tree damages. Thank god we didn't loss power this time. Hopeful I can decide which generator to get. Like ideal that connects to natural gas so don't have to worry about gas.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Salty, not arguing with you about the need for electric contingency plans because I also have a generator, however, this is MANHATTAN Reefs. We have a very large group of people in the boroughs who lost electric and live in apartments. Your delivery sounds very unyielding, where do you propose the apartment dwellers keep their new 12500w diesel, auto start generators? :(

Russ

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah well here's one for you salty dog. For many of us here on LI and the city a generator didn't do s@$t for most of us due to also having a gas crisis. A lot of generators rain for approximately 10 hours at 1/4 or 1/2 load and for a while the average gas line once it was available again was 5 hours in some area and only got gas if you were lucky enough that they didn't run out.

In times like what we are going through, it's not proper to basically call the forum members dumbasses. Some of us got generators and gave them to people that lost a whole lot more than us and probably won't get power back for weeks to either use or to have as back up and we are ourselves going without.

You might want to choose a new delivery of the points you try to make.

Last edited:

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Your all not understanding the principles. Just saying a generator is the life support if power is out. Also you have many options with a fuel source. Nat gas, propane, diesel or straight fuel. Also tank sizes very. Under ground or above. For those in an apartment there are power packs you can charge elsewhere and use.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: