Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
I have a yellow coris wrasse and from what I can tell, it seems something is bothering him inside the mouth area. I'm thinking some sort of an internal parasite? Tell me what you guys think

Here is what I observed about him:

-He swims like he's trying to shake off the pain or something ( Not a strong or even frequent shaking). Just mellow head back and forth but definitely not normal. He's not searching for food when he's doing this. He's in the open.
- He taps his chin on the rocks ocasionally as if he's trying to scratch inside his throat. (Not like ich scratching but similar)
- He swam about 2 weeks with his mouth open but closed up when I started feeding garlic.
- His diet is fine though he is on the slim side causing me to believe the parasite is eating all his food. (getting fed good plus the tanks crawling with copepods)

He's alone in my 29 quarantine with live sand and live rock. So tell me.. Parasite?

I've dipped him once in Methalyne Blue. Should I dip again? If so, how many more times?

Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Sometimes wrasses damage their mouths picking at things and act that way. It might be a parasite, but if you can't see anything and it isn't getting worse, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Pratt. I can always rely on you and Kathy for the great tips.

The thing that bothers me is, he always has a big belly but overall body is on the slender side and it has been so for the past 2 weeks or so. So that's why I'm a little concerned. I guess I should wait a little bit more (1 week?) before trying the product Kathy recommended?

Thanks again,
Bill

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: