oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Planning on switching bulbs. Trying to go for more of the coloration side. Running a Hamilton fixture 2x175w with 2x110w VHO super actinics. Any brand that you guys recommend? Also what kelvin rating should I go with since I have the VHO's up.

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Russ, I was considering those bulbs after I saw that Phoenix made SE on your site, but I would also want to hear some other suggestions before I make my final decision. But thanks for the info, you'll here from mr really soon.

Any other suggestions from people that are running 175w?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
When I had the 2-175w MH I was running Hamilton 14k with 2 Coralife Actinic VHO, gave me a nice white blue look. I'm currently running the same setup but with 250w MH instead of the 175w. I have some used 175w Hamilton 14k bulbs that I was selling cheap, $10, so if you want to try them and see what they'll look like on the tank this would be a good opportunity.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The growth of my corals is good, as for the color, well I have mostly LPS so you're not going to see a change in the colors as if I was keeping SPS. I've been using the 14k Hamilton, with the Corallife VHO actinic, for years now so I couldn't tell you about other bulbs. I've been very happy with the color, of the tank, and the grow of the corals using these bulbs.

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
I just switched to 250W Radium 20K bulbs on my Hamilton fixture recently and I'm getting growth and color in my sps and other corals. I guess with your VHO actinics you don't need 20K, maybe 14K would be blue enough.

You can swing by to see the sps, plus the corals I got from you under the lights.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: