Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm thinking of taking down my cal reactor and dosing 2 part ! Which I did for a week while I needed co2. I just hand dosed what ever the kalk didn't keep up with! Seems like a pretty cheap good way too keep levels good.

I do however feel if I switch too dossers and 2 part just keep it simple and forget about the kalk but that means more 2 part more $ !
Any thoughts on this??

CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'm thinking of taking down my cal reactor and dosing 2 part ! Which I did for a week while I needed co2. I just hand dosed what ever the kalk didn't keep up with! Seems like a pretty cheap good way too keep levels good.

I do however feel if I switch too dossers and 2 part just keep it simple and forget about the kalk but that means more 2 part more $ !
Any thoughts on this??

I was running kalk with ATO through a DIY kalk stirrer and all the new sps frags that I got lowered calc and alk. The kalk alone wasn't keeping up. I recently got the bubble magus doser. Started dosing esv two part and my levels are starting to climb. My sps are doing great. Good growth, color and polyp extension. I feel that with the kalk not too much two part is needed. Only had the doser for two weeks so don't have much experience with it. This is just something that seems to be working for me. Good luck with yours.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: