Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to replace the metal halides in my coralife fixture. Someone recomended that I replace them with the Phoenix 150w 14,000k double ended. http://www.aquacave.com/phoenix-150w-14 ... -398.html#

Anyone have these or have used them in the past. I have heard that they produce a very nice blue/white. Also I heard that they might be to much blue with blue actinic suplements.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That is a REALLY nice bulb. Phoenix 14K DEs of any wattage (even their moguls) are beautifully colored and bright. They are the same bulbs as the much pricier Aquaconnects (at least I'm 99% sure of it based on the data I've seen).

kgross

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people run that bulb. To be honest, I think it is the most popular DE bulb that I sell, in both 150 and 250 watt versions.

With actinics they can make a pretty blue tank, but most people do not think it is to blue.

Kim

Jimmy G

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 3X250W 14K DE Phoenix bulbs on my tank . Very nice bulbs with good PAR and great color. I have used quite a few different brands and Kelvin ratings over the years and I really like the Phoenix 14 K's. Definitely recommended. Great price too!

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sold. :D I'm going to order these light for my tank this week. I can't wait. I have 10k now and am a little unhappy with the color. Very yellow, almost pink sometimes. They are nice though. I just would like a little more blue in the tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the Phoenix 14K SE bulbs, but I do not think my Hamilton M57 ballast will fire it.

FifeReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi run Phoenix 14K DE 250W on my tank. I like the color and the coral seem to do fine with it as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: