vulkum

Experienced Reefer
this little guy showed up out near the bottom of my live rock and i saw a blue legged hermit messing with him. i had checked some of the post and the closest thing i came up with was something called PLANERIA or something like that. he's sortaa triangular and purple on the top with little hairs. the bottom sorta looks like a shell and is almost translucent. should i 86 him before he disappears back in the rock or what? i hate to kill anything that comes out of my live rock, but i don't want an infestation of them later. any help would be great. vulkum
icon_eek.gif
i've posted a few pics of the culprit to see if anyone can identify!

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: vulkum ]

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: vulkum ]
shoebox.msnw

[ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: vulkum ]
null

[ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: vulkum ]

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
i don't think this is any worm! it sorta looks like a large grain of rice. i posted pics if someone can make out what it is please let me know. thanks vulkum

A

Anonymous

Your URL asks me for a password so I can't view the pic. It still sounds like a flatworm. They are harmless but can quickly multiply to plague proportions.

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
thanks for the help this lot of rock i got has been paying off with all kinds of good little critters. i just got done building a sump today out of a 10 gallon tank for my 30gal reef tank. i was going to use bioballs until i read all the feedback about people removing theres and using their rock instead. so now i'm going to use a 4" sand bed with 10lbs of rock in the sump and run a 13 watt PC at night while my tank is in night mode. i was told my PH should not move with this type of set-up. and that way i have a refugium as well. anybody used this methood and how has it worked out?

A

Anonymous

Not a flatworm nor Stomatella. From what I can make out in the pic it appears to be a bi-valve of some type. Possibly a yound mussel that will soon stop wandering and attach itself somewhere.

Chucker

Advanced Reefer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: