Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
This morning when I went to pick up my car. I couldn't open my door.. And when went to check what happen, this is what I saw. :Yikes::bigeyes::eek::irked: Those were my expression.. Anyway, Anyone know any good place to fix it or replace it for cheap? I checked and is not worth it to go thru insurance. The car is 2001 Honda Accord.

Attachments

• Photo0056.jpg
    Photo0056.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Photo0057.jpg
    Photo0057.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
pull on fender well to pull out what you can then use 2 screw drivers and slide down between door and fender and bend back out so you can open door, free, bodyshop depending on how they do it from $300 city crap fix to around $1000 proper fix. if ya was closer id pop it out for you, 2000 honda accord ?

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
pull on fender well to pull out what you can then use 2 screw drivers and slide down between door and fender and bend back out so you can open door, free, bodyshop depending on how they do it from $300 city crap fix to around $1000 proper fix. if ya was closer id pop it out for you, 2000 honda accord ?

My friend's friend quote me for $500, and the other place quote me for $600. Is a 2001 accord.
So if $500 replace a new fender, is that a reasonable price? Cuz I am not sure is it worth it to fix it...

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
pull on fender well to pull out what you can then use 2 screw drivers and slide down between door and fender and bend back out so you can open door,
+1 this is a 3 minute fix. I've done it 100 times ...value of replacing fender is dependent of value of car, how much mileage? condition? how long do you plan to keep it? if you don't mind a few small scratches/crease on the fender/door, pull out the dent and forget it!

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can buy a fender from "certifit" or "bodymasters" for cheap. replace it yourself and get the body shop to shoot it.
google them. certifit is in jersey. not sure about bodymasters, but they both deliver.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if you have never done bodywork or are truelly mechanically inclined it's not like it is just a few bolt to replace a fender, front bumper has to come off, headlamp out, rocker molding has to come off as well. as stated if not fixing correctly, then grab fender with hands and pull out as much as possible. slide a screw driver between fender and door gap and bend fender back out to point of being able to open door, do believe certified autoparts is down by you and they sell chit cheap also, might not fit correctly though, same with all the other cheap aftermarket places, keystone has the best fit but are more money also, if you plan to keep car fix how i told ya, especially seeing you live in the city, if you plan to sell then ya might want to fix it, same advise i give all my customers { do this for a living }

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
+1 this is a 3 minute fix. I've done it 100 times ...value of replacing fender is dependent of value of car, how much mileage? condition? how long do you plan to keep it? if you don't mind a few small scratches/crease on the fender/door, pull out the dent and forget it!

Car is 2001, bought it as brand new and the mileage is less than 27,000.. :) Hardly drive..

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
if you have never done bodywork or are truelly mechanically inclined it's not like it is just a few bolt to replace a fender, front bumper has to come off, headlamp out, rocker molding has to come off as well. as stated if not fixing correctly, then grab fender with hands and pull out as much as possible. slide a screw driver between fender and door gap and bend fender back out to point of being able to open door, do believe certified autoparts is down by you and they sell chit cheap also, might not fit correctly though, same with all the other cheap aftermarket places, keystone has the best fit but are more money also, if you plan to keep car fix how i told ya, especially seeing you live in the city, if you plan to sell then ya might want to fix it, same advise i give all my customers { do this for a living }

So if he charging me $500 to replace it with oem, is it a good deal? Also, I heard that he need to paint the door so the color of fender match with it. Should I let him paint the door too? If I let him paint the door, then is not the original color anymore.. right?

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
the original paint is not the real problem...which would be the non-original fender! When you replace the original fender (with the vehicle serial # on it) you get a 'R-DOT' fender (replacement-Dept. of Trans.), and everyone in the auto business will know that the car was in an accident!. In most cases it is actually better to repair and repaint the original parts, to maintain the value of the car. Your car may be the exception to the rule, because of the extremely low miles, you may wish to keep it another 10 years, and still have under 100K miles...in which case the resale value of a 15+ year old car will not be affected (as much) by the fender replacement.
To answer your question, $500 for that repair is not bad, IF (big if) the shop does QUALITY paint work. The door will need painting, but the paint must also MATCH the hood/bumper/and rest of car. (BTW, silver is one of the harder colors to match) Have you/can you see some of the work that this shop has done...go there on a bright sunny day to look at repaired vehicles, and see if you can tell, right away, which areas were repaired. If you can tell, find another shop!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: