jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
A 10x15 will most likely cost you more than a few hundred bucks. I widened my driveway and that was similar in size 10x12 and I did all the form work and dug out the dirt, most places still quoted over a thousand just for the concrete. This did not include the finish work either. I did find one guy that did it for 700 since I did all the leg work but I finished the concrete. It cost me a couple hundred for the wood and stakes. I already had line and levels to get everything to the height I wanted.

redfishblewfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don?t do it anymore because the cost of concrete went from 60/yard to over 120/yard about seven to eight years ago. On top of that, they slap on delivery charges and, dependent on the yardage, a fixed time to get it off the truck. Any time past this is at some ridiculous fee.

As others have suggested, set up the forms?.4 inches deep (Note the forms can be simple 1 x 4 board (actually measures 3 ? inches.) If these boards will be left as part of the structure, use pressure treated. Lay down re-mesh in all the formed area. And, since you?ll need a little less than two yards, look at the redi-mix truck that only mixes what you need. To get a barrel truck there for just two yards isn?t worth it.

The one problem you can run into is if the truck can?t pull right up to the pour, you will need a bunch of friends with wheel barrels to move it to the pour area.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
$11 a square foot is going rate

For concrete? I did the basement in my building for ~4$ sq/ft for 4" with leveling and prep and it had to be pumped in but I knew the guy and he owes me. Last I heard asphalt is usually cheaper but I could be wrong. When I was shopping for my basement the going rate for concrete was between 5-7$ sq/ft for basic leveling and the pour and rates go up or down depending on how much concrete you use.

If your going to be doing a 10 x 12 area I would think about what redifsh said and shop around for people able to pour out small quantities. You don't have enough for a large truck.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: