bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I sold a fully functioning XR30W Gen 1 on eBay and when it was delivered, the Royal Blue LEDs in one puck no longer worked. The unit is long out of warranty so I was hoping someone on the site who's good with electronics would look at/fix this fixture for me. I would be willing to pay up to $100 for the repair - anything more than that and I would just chuck the thing - thx. for looking.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
replacement LEDs are cheap and available on amazon, pick, which ever color you're looking for.

easy to swap out with a soldering kit. I replaced a bunch of LEDs on my old fixture, simply open it up, touch the ends with the soldering iron, once it gets hot, pop it off with tweezers. Touch a little bit of thermal compound under the new LED and solder it back in. Any high school shop student who builds radios or speakers can do it.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So the blue channel on my ocean revive T247 LED fixture when out this past week. After trouble shooting and looking at the divers, (swap the 2 around) the timer and switch (seemed to be working well as I alternated the wiring harness between the 2) swapping the fans around (one was working, one was not, but that didn't interfere with the LEDS, though the bad fan could have caused overheating), I concluded that the LED plate was the problem. Took it out and touched each diode with my multimeter and found that one diode didn't light up. I grabbed a copper wire and touched it to the bad diode's contact points and the entire panel lit up. So it was an actually an easy fix, I replaced the diode using solder and iron.
Moral of the story, LED panels are set up like cheap Christmas lights in serial connection. One goes out, the entire array goes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: