Rob_Reef_Keeper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 60%
3   2   0
Been trying to figure out why corals are not growing in my tank. Water parameters are all inline

I have a 90g reef. Using glass tops, lights are 2 x Radion xr15 blues at 90%. Tried them at 60-90 over months with no change. Ricordea and mushrooms shrivel up eventually. Zoas are open but minimal growth/. Hammers/frogspawns no growth. Acans fade away as well.

Was thinking to test the PAR reading but up for any other ideas. Anyone want to come by and help?

PH 8.0
Ammon 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 8
Sal 1.023
Phos 0
Cal 350
Alk 11.56
Mag 1149

Run a skimmer and mp40 and a mp10

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0

rongy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you may want to lower you light. XR15 at 90% can easily bring the top of your tank to 500+ par, which is fine for sps, but not lps and softies

rongy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Phosphate is your problem. I’ve never used Salifert PO4 kit before but I always heard that they’re not precision enough.
If your LFS tested your PO4 and it’s 0, you need to raise it the range of 0.03-0.1
0 phosphate will starve the coral

Rob_Reef_Keeper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 60%
3   2   0
Wouldn’t raising phosphates lead to algae issues?

In past tanks I had hair algae outbreaks that I could not get rid of. If that were to happen this tank would be torn down.

I feed the fish every other day and have been adding Reef Energy twice a week as well.

rongy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your Phosphate and Nitrate is in check, you should be fine. 0 phosphate and high nitrate can lead to Cyano problem.

Zero phosphate will kill your corals for sure

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: