wschang812

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
i have aptasia growing and i also have 2 skunk cleaner shrimps. i put in peppermint shrimp before but they seem to just hide in the corner because their scared of the skunk cleaner shrimps. is there another way to get rid of the nuisance aptasia?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I got 2 peppermint shrimp to take care of a few aipstasia. They did absolutely nothing for me, freeloaders. I also checked to make sure they're indeed peppermint and not camelback shrimp. I ended up using Joe's Juice...

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have always had luck with the pepermints. I only have one skunk cleaner shrimp in my tank. What I have done is purchase two peppermints to offset the one skunk cleaner and it has worked for me. It took about a week to get rid of the aptasia but it worked. I kept a happy home for about three monthe until unfortunately the peppermints became a tasty treat for the skunk cleaner. I also have a 14g biocube so it is difficult for anything to really become territoraly in there. Not much real estate to really own for anything in there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: