dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm now on my third aqua lifter pump. I also bought a replacement diaphragm and the pre-filter which was not attached before, I hope the pre-filter will solve my problem.

My problem is this: My pumps develop the same fracture. Both of my two previous pumps developed a crack along the top of the (blue) casing. Anyone know why this happens?

I use it for my CPR Overflow. The overflow continues to work with the crack until I unplugged (by accident) the tube that's supposed to clear out the air and get the overflow flowing again. The overflow stops and I can never restart it with the same pump, only a new one. The cracked pumps still seem to function well (Blowing out and sucking in air) but they won't restart the overflow and I don't know why. Any ideas? :irked:

I'm getting fed up with this system and may have to go back to my old tubed overflow that never failed me for 3 years. I just love the CPR because it takes up so little space inside the tank.

Thanks

lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
This is a common problem for all CPR overflow user. The aqua lifter pump are POS, they only last couple of months, so you really need to have spares in case it fail. Lucky they arent expensive. Heres something you can try.. instead of using aqua lifter pump get a RIO 800 powerhead.. connect a check value and put the powerhead in your sump. The check value is to prevent back siphoning. You can put the powerhead in your display but it will shoot out bubbles and that wont look nice. The powerhead will last alot longer than aqua lifter. I have heard Maxi jets isnt a good choice unless u mod it. I am going to try this method as well, just waiting for my aqua lifter to go first. GL.

I'm now on my third aqua lifter pump. I also bought a replacement diaphragm and the pre-filter which was not attached before, I hope the pre-filter will solve my problem.

My problem is this: My pumps develop the same fracture. Both of my two previous pumps developed a crack along the top of the (blue) casing. Anyone know why this happens?

I use it for my CPR Overflow. The overflow continues to work with the crack until I unplugged (by accident) the tube that's supposed to clear out the air and get the overflow flowing again. The overflow stops and I can never restart it with the same pump, only a new one. The cracked pumps still seem to function well (Blowing out and sucking in air) but they won't restart the overflow and I don't know why. Any ideas? :irked:

I'm getting fed up with this system and may have to go back to my old tubed overflow that never failed me for 3 years. I just love the CPR because it takes up so little space inside the tank.

Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: