N

nycoralguy

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
it is a good thing that someone is taking action on placing tanks in schools, I'm not sure if most of you realize, this is a dying industry, the hobby is being replaced by electronics. example: ipod, ps3 ect.., by placing tanks in schools, might help it in the long run, try talking to petco, petland, corp. that has money.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
as for the creator of this thread. May I ask what school will you be setting this tank up in?

reason i ask is because lately I have seen alot of threads like this asking for donations for schools and what not yet they are just keeping the items that were donated to themselves. Not saying this is your intention. But I have seen 1 too many threads/ postings like this and its all a scam.

Hopefully this one isnt.

This guy is legit, I spoke with him yesterday and from what I gathered this is genuine and the guy cares about educational opportunities. I spoke with my principal today about this. We are on board, it is pretty easy if no money exchanges hands, it eliminates the bureaucracy that hurts the children. My school is I.S. 285 in East Flatbush, Brooklyn. www.is285.org
I have already mentioned an aquarium club to some of my more advanced/non-apathetic students and I got positive feedback. Many of the kids in this neighborhood have very few hobbies and opening up this world to them is really going to be amazing. There are plenty of kids at my school who play video-games as their only tangible hobby and don't really leave their neighborhoods. It is sad but it is the reality of the situation. This program can only yield positive results. If this gets off the ground I will blog from the school website to document the process (aquarium club, tank, field trips, etc).

James (aka Mr. Passantino):bablefish[/QUOTE]

glad to hear... if you guys need a hand just pm me..

PrattReef... not on MR but on other forums including craigslist ....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: