Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I set up my new tank a little over a month ago. I like the aquascape but I don't LOVE it. Any suggestions?
a3b0824273ff5060f1240cdc828aeb8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Rookie2reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
I would say you had right idea looks nice just would show more sand in front 1 and 2 rock is to close to glass want to see more sand there 3 is to cluttered,4 Tonga needs to get moved, 5 random spot of Kenya tree need to move coral, just my opinion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171103-172843.jpg
    Screenshot_20171103-172843.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 234

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would say you had right idea looks nice just would show more sand in front 1 and 2 rock is to close to glass want to see more sand there 3 is to cluttered,4 Tonga needs to get moved, 5 random spot of Kenya tree need to move coral, just my opinion
5 isn't kenya tree, it is a green softie, different from the one on the left. The small piece of Tonga (4) has polyps growing on it, don't want them to spread all over the place but I do like them. They are blue/green and matting. I need to open this on the PC to visualize it. Thanks! Definitely food for thought. I was trying to follow the concept Dan Riggle talked about in his talk at the MR swap a few years ago. Divide tanks in thirds and should have one third to one side and two thirds to the other, but didn't work out that way...

I will take a look on the PC, once again, thanks!

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
it is A LOT of rock. IMO, I would have more sand space, especially remove that large cluster right smack in the middle. Love the back scape though, with the bridges and varying heights. be careful with so much rock. I've had experience with hypoxic zones and detritus traps.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Believe it or not, I only used HALF of the rock that was originally in the tank and about three pieces from my 40 to seed the tank with coraline and other life! But I placed it "loose" with bridges and caves. The fish spend their time swimming in and out of caves.

My idea was to have the height be from low in the front to high in the back... I want it to be a predominantly soft coral and LPS tank. I am too busy to keep a thriving SPS tank, although I definitely will have a montipora or two!

I recently added a second powerhead and it made a big difference. I will be adding two small hydors in the back pointing diagonally and when I can afford it will add an Apex and have the powerheads on a schedule.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I went away for the weekend for work. But before I left I took a close look at things and was surprised to see spots of red and maroon coraline growing! (Definitely coraline and not cyano) Also see the existing purple on the few pieces of liverock I had transferred over starting to spread.

Hopefully by this time next month my tank will start looking more "alive".

CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my new tank a little over a month ago. I like the aquascape but I don't LOVE it. Any suggestions?
a3b0824273ff5060f1240cdc828aeb8b.jpg

Looks a little bunched up you want to try and have as little rock touching the sand bed as possible to minimize dead flow spots and make a network of caves n caverns but to each his own you'll redo it a few times we all do i feel it's a part of the hobby but happy reefing i do like your choice in Rock i enclosed a pic of my own to show you what i mean by little rock touching the bed again have fun
e6d006eb678ec731690542287ca48679.jpg
fb1f1f6c004e4d45c02fd3ab5b562834.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: