• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I want to re-scape my tank, anyone have nothing better to do that wouldn't mind helping me out?:eek:

I keep looking at the tank trying to think of what/how to go about it, but find the job so intimidating.:eek:

Last edited:

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
I did the same to my 225g. I started with two moutains on both side of the tank with a valley in the center. Then after I started to think about coral placement I decided to re scape my rock. So I put a large drop cloth down on the floor and removed all the rock from the tank and started to make a long rock formation ait lots of caves and shelves for coral placement. I will post a few pictures of before and after.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you much Killerdrgn! I'm really in no rush, more terrified of loosing corals then anything else. Lost a couple when we exchanged the tanks 2 years ago.:(

Salty Dog, really looking forward to those pics. Much appreciated.

Killer, I've tried the tetris skills.lol 4 granddaughters running through the house have managed to make the rocks come down after all this time.argggggggggggggg

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
That's interesting... I've just laid my rocks down and I have never had problems with them coming down. Just a matter in how it is all arranged. Large on the bottom, smaller up on top.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
That's interesting... I've just laid my rocks down and I have never had problems with them coming down. Just a matter in how it is all arranged. Large on the bottom, smaller up on top.

Yeah, try having 4 girls ages 4 thru 12 running and jumping right next to your tank.LOL:tongue1:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I'd help you NYPDfrogman, but I can't drive that far.:( That is some challenge. I'd probably not touch it, or if I had the $$$$ I'd hire someone else to do it.LOL

Thank you Nelson!

Salty, my granddaughters are 4, 6, 9 and 12. They are currently staying with us along with their parents. My house will soon be 100 years old and it is begining to show the signs of the stress. The floors are not as sound as in other homes. It has been twice with the reef and once with fowlr that they managed to cause mini avalanch.arggggggggggggg

Question guys. Won't I loose alot of the life on the lr sitting it out on a tarp?

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I don't really think you would lose a lot of life from sitting out the rocks for too long. As long as they are kept moist it it should be kept to a minimum. Just as long as there is no heater close by.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Awilda, best of luck with it. When you decide on a day, let us know and if we can swing by we most certainly will, schedules permitting.

Question... How do you do this when there are corals encrusted to the rocks? Mostly every rock in our tank has a coral encrusted on it. I couldn't even imagine trying to rearrange any of it.. gives me IBS just thinking about it and I don't suffer from IBS :splitspin:lol:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awilda, best of luck with it. When you decide on a day, let us know and if we can swing by we most certainly will, schedules permitting.

Question... How do you do this when there are corals encrusted to the rocks? Mostly every rock in our tank has a coral encrusted on it. I couldn't even imagine trying to rearrange any of it.. gives me IBS just thinking about it and I don't suffer from IBS :splitspin:lol:

You are too cute Syb! IBS:lol:

Thanks hon. The coral encrusted ones have to sit in water and when placing back place accordingly.;) Kinda off the reason I need help with this.. I'm terrified that I will end up with a bunck of dead corals.:bigeyes:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey Awi,
It's fun talking to you and I'd love to see your tank. If its a day that I can do, I'll come.
If I have no design skills I can at least lift heavy objects :)
Let me know, I'll try and follow the thread.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
That would be great Tuni! I haven't seen you in for ever. I'm in no rush so we can do this on a day that you could definitely come on out.... Love to see you.... How's school these days?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: