• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a natural secure look just stack the rocks and rotate them until you will feel them lock. No rods or glue necessary, just use the same methods as mother nature. You don't see acrylic or PVC rods in the ocean and that is what we are trying to replicate.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
For a natural secure look just stack the rocks and rotate them until you will feel them lock. No rods or glue necessary, just use the same methods as mother nature. You don't see acrylic or PVC rods in the ocean and that is what we are trying to replicate.

Very bad advice... no one can replicate the ocean...you don't see a glass bottom or sides on the reef...SECURE your rockwork as best you can, if necessary use rods or glue...best to have base rock directly on tank bottom without sand under the rocks (some fish or inverts may move sand and topple rocks)

Fourevrloud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Very bad advice... no one can replicate the ocean...you don't see a glass bottom or sides on the reef...SECURE your rockwork as best you can, if necessary use rods or glue...best to have base rock directly on tank bottom without sand under the rocks (some fish or inverts may move sand and topple rocks)
yes i agree many times i thought they where locked in place and within a few days they fell. well then they where locked in lol but my glass was scratched and some broken corals so now if i can weld them together i will

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very bad advice... no one can replicate the ocean...you don't see a glass bottom or sides on the reef...

I agree with you and that is why there is no glass for me. Some fish won't notice the glass and crash into it and injure themselves. Sometimes fish will see their reflection in the glass and spook them.

yes i agree many times i thought they where locked in place and within a few days they fell. well then they where locked in lol but my glass was scratched and some broken corals so now if i can weld them together i will

If they fell they weren't locked in place. Unless you have a Goliath grouper in there pushing small 30 pound rocks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: