CTaylor

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which, if any, of those elements (the ingredients provided with Kent's Strontium/Molybdenum supp.) are skimmed off, especially with heavy skimming?

I think I recall that the ingredients of Thiel's KSM are skimmed off. The only difference between the two brands of supplements (Kent's and Thiel's), as far as ingredient list is that Kent's Sr/Moly has potassium, Thiel's has Kelp (K is for Kelp, not Potassium).

thanx!

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: CTaylor ]</p>

Poolewald

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I was always taught a skimmer especially a very efficent skimmer (down draft) will pull out a large percentage of your trace elements - iodine, strontium, and the such.

thinhvu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey poolawald
i got etss600 on my 58g. do you think i should dose more amount of nutricent than regular due to overskimming.

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fish in my reef. Lots of fish. Therefore I feed, and heavily, as the corals need to be fed too. I also use good skimming.

It is my opinion, FWIW, that water changes are key to keeping your trace elements in balance.

Although, that has only worked for three years...
icon_rolleyes.gif

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strontium and potassium will not be appreciably removed in any skimmer. Molybdenum may complex to organics that are themselves skimmed, but I don't know if the amounts would be important or not.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fang25":24kiiui0 said:
I need Potassium Supplements but i donot know where i can buy

How do you know you need potassion supplements. There or no know reliable test kits that I am aware of and the hobbiest kits are know to read low.

But if you actually need to dose, seems potaissium chloride would be a good start. (salt substutiute)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: