STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
wow beautiful tank vic, and as far as the reef octopus i have considered it problem is i dont have enough space in my sump the asm footprint is much smaller and worst comes to worst i can always ad another smaller skimmer like a hob, what do you think about that?

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
they have a ss model that would take up a lot less space. I would go with the lower model of the reef octopus over the G-3 those skimmers really rock.
If you have the G-3 than go with it, as the tank matures you can always upgrade.
Vic

drej424

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have the ASM-G3 on two of my tanks, heavy bio-load mixed reef 150 and low bio-load FOWLR 215 and they've worked well for me. I've been using them for about 5 years or so without problems. I get good growth on my LPS & SPS. I feed pretty heavily, too, because I have this giant green brittle star in my tank and I don't want it eating my fish.

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i have the asm-g3 on two of my tanks, heavy bio-load mixed reef 150 and low bio-load fowlr 215 and they've worked well for me. I've been using them for about 5 years or so without problems. I get good growth on my lps & sps. I feed pretty heavily, too, because i have this giant green brittle star in my tank and i don't want it eating my fish.

are you running them right under the tank in the sump hows the noise on them thats prob my biggest concern since my tank is located in the living room?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: