Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I was using the G4X on my 120 (30 gallon sump) because of the huge bioload :) I use the ASM G3s on 75 gallon sized tanks(20 gallon sumps). I would go with the biggest model you can fit under your stand. I think 6-8" is good for the water level.

HTHs

SharkLover

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are good skimmers if you have them in the correct water level range. I had a G3 for about 6 months til I downgraded to an external octopus dnw150. My water level was around 11' but it didn't do well. I heard of people with much success between 7-9 inchs.

isgon26

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
420   0   0
The G3 is good enought for that size tank. I have one for a 150. The bigger the better though. The reason i dont have a G4 is because it doesnt fit under the tank. Get the measurements first. I have mine in 10".

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
for the money get the vertex in 180, alot better skimmer, built better, performs better, better pump ect plus have the built in twist for adjusting output makes it nice, and it's dead silent

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am running a g3 on my 120 and am very pleased. I added a 90 elbow in the skimmer body at the end of the pinwheel pump and that has seemed to increase contact time and really fills up the chamber with bubbles. Hard to beat for the money.

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Get the largest you can fit

I also have a 120 which I will probably call heavily stocked or soon to be. I am in the process of getting a better skimmer than my MRC2 and as soon as I locate one at a decent price I will get the Octopus 5000sss it has an internal new Bubble Blaster pump and its rated for 300 gallons, my skimmer compartment is 12 x 18 and that the biggest I can fit without spending much over $500.00

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: