Ok so I was looking at the skimmer on my 75G the ASM G4+ and I noticed that for some odd reason the chamber doesnt fill all the way, it only starts to fill from the point the pump goes in which is a good 5-6inches from the bottom of the skimmer body. I put a 45 degree elbow inside with a little piece of tubing to get it all the way down but now I was wondering...what if I put a Koralia 2 or something, that aims down since it's such a big chamber and it can give me more bubble to water reaction time due to the fact that the bubbles won't travel up as fast. Thanks, Fortunato

no, and it would cause more turbulance in the skimmer body, did ya do the venturie mod to the pump or the mesh mod ?

No I didn't do the mesh mod and I don't think I really want to try it. What's the venturie mod? So far all I did was make the air hole bigger on the pump, I think I actually saw that on one of your threads Rick

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
mesh mod pretty easy, u ever get a chance come up my way and i'll do it, the boring out of the venturi is the same i did on the er, that's a pretty tall body on that skimmer, most asm and er's dont fill clear down to the bottom, is it still performing ok ?

mesh mod pretty easy, u ever get a chance come up my way and i'll do it, the boring out of the venturi is the same i did on the er, that's a pretty tall body on that skimmer, most asm and er's dont fill clear down to the bottom, is it still performing ok ?

Thanks...and yeah it's performing fine it's just that I thought it might improve skimming with it going all the way down instead of it wasting all that space. I'm looking into sedra pumps and I found a model between the 15000 of the G-4X and the 9000 of the G-4+ maybe I'll try that pump and make a big mod. Even if it turns out to be useless at least I tried lol

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
how high is your water level in your sump? I know with my ASM i got better performance when i had 6-8 inchs of water in the sump. Anything below 5 inchs and i lost power from the pump due to head height

how high is your water level in your sump? I know with my ASM i got better performance when i had 6-8 inchs of water in the sump. Anything below 5 inchs and i lost power from the pump due to head height

No that's never an issue for me, I've had the water barely covering the pump intake and I still had full skimming. I find that to happen more with the Euro-reef I have

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: