o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i use a 10g glass tank as my ato resivoire, and i clean it every two months or so, but the TDS always creeps up to about 100 faily quickly. i use an aqualifter to get the water to the sump. i was wonding if i ran an di unit when the water goes from the resevior to the sump would that get the tds down before it goes into the tank?

one of these units
http://filterdirect.com/images/newRO6100/di215.jpg

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
whats the tds of your source water? if your tds is at 100 i would guess that you got salt into the topoff water....if the hose for the ato is underwater do you have a check valve or something to prevent tank water from siphoning back into your ato reservoir? also, i have a few of those DI cannisters lying around. you can have one for free if you want, but imho they are crappy...

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Would the aqualifter be strong enough to pump through the DI chamber? Also do you have the delivery hose for your ato under the water level in your sump?

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
whats the tds of your source water? if your tds is at 100 i would guess that you got salt into the topoff water....if the hose for the ato is underwater do you have a check valve or something to prevent tank water from siphoning back into your ato reservoir? also, i have a few of those DI cannisters lying around. you can have one for free if you want, but imho they are crappy...

ahhh......thank you! i think this was my problem.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: