reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I have one of the carousel ones that they dont seem to sell anymore but are far superior to the barrel ones. Ive had the auto feeder i have for over 10 years and never had problems with it. And ive never had it dump all of its food like the barrels are known for doing.

The Apex one is terrible, set one up for friend and it broke on him within the first week. I already didn't like it from when I unboxed it. It has a small food container which is poorly designed to refill. It also has an unnecessarily complicated way of functioning to drop the food, it first slides forward out of the unit and then spins, which ultimately led to its malfunction.

In my tank I use the Eheim auto feeder which just spins to drop food. It's definitely the best auto feeder IMO my fish get fed 3 times a day with small amounts of pellets and the container is large enough to hold food for at least a week, if not 2 and it's easy to refill. The only thing is that it's battery operated but I just bought a 3v power supply and rigged it to the positive and negative so I could just plug it in instead.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I have the the Eheim auto feeder too, and it does work fairly well and it's very easy to use. I just purchased the new dual feeder, which hold two types of food separately, don't have it yet so I can't tell how good it is. The downside is that they work on batteries, the use to sell ones that worked with a plug, but I don't think they do anymore. Also, if you want one that holds a lot of food, and large pieces, I would look into the pond feeders.
130118100158.jpg

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I have an eheim and it works good, not the same one as Marron though but it's very good, I don't use it often only when I go away, my wife feeds fish for me during the day you just have to test it before u use it so you don't dump to much food in tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: