aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
So guys... the bug has bit me again!!! I am in the process of starting not one... but TWO tanks. A FW and another salt for my home "office."

I have all the equipment and stuff and am waiting on Dry Rock to arrive to seed.

I have to do a few things before starting.
1... clean up the tank.
2... make water
3... decide what fish to do. I am definitely going to do a FOWLR set up

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

Equipment List:
Outer Orbital 150W HQI w/ 96 W CFL
Aqua C Remora Skimmer w/ Maxi Jet 1200
Filter sock with Acrylic holder
15 gallon sump
Rio Return Pump (gotta 2x check which one)
MaxiJet 900 and 1200 for flow (not sure which I am going to use)
300 Watt Marineland Visitherm Heater

Livestock List:
Will update as I go along.
5 lb. Cured LiveRock from main tank
40 lb. of Dry Reef Rock
1 Giant Conch Shell
Full Refugium with Daylight Temp light (Chaeto, Sea Grass, Sea Lettuce, and Fiji Mud and sand mix.)

Aquascape... for now lol
DSC00848.jpg

I am also Cycling with 1 Giant Clownfish... damn that closed top didn't work on him =D
DSC00859.jpg

Last edited:

twelvejewelz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do yourself favor and turn all filters off scrape all glass and get as much of the alage out now as u start off as possible,scrape then syphon then add the corect amount of water , just so it helps u put when u start to get establishes .believe me u dont want to have to deal with it later down the road!

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
do yourself favor and turn all filters off scrape all glass and get as much of the alage out now as u start off as possible,scrape then syphon then add the corect amount of water , just so it helps u put when u start to get establishes .believe me u dont want to have to deal with it later down the road!

There's no water in there haha. I'll clean it off for sure.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
**UPDATE**

Just have to fill the top portion and the sump. Making the water as we speak.

I also have to set up my Sump. Mainly going to be running a full out refugium.

But here is a sneak peek at the Aquascape... Used about 1/3 Cycled Water from the main tank. Going to Transfer about 5 lbs. of Live Rock from the Main tank.

DSC00863.jpg

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Update

Here we go!!! Miracle Mud was added to the sump so it's a little cloudy.

DSC00865.jpg

About 5 lbs. of Liverock was added. There's about 15 Gallons of Water in there from my Established tank. Going to wait 2 weeks for the Bacteria to populate the sand and dead rock before adding anything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: