therich84

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had a saltwater tank for about 10 years and then got out of the hobby. It's been about 10 years and I'm ready to come back.

I plan to buy a SCA 50 gal. Eco tech marine pnp setup. I am going to add a tunze ato, diy algae scrubber, heater.

I also want to plumb it with pvc instead of rubber hoses. Can someone point me to the size I should buy?

And any other advice on equipment would be appreciated. Thanks.

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My friend just got the same tank on amazon that came with a kit with the tank stand skimmer return pump. It looks nice. I plumbed it with 1 inch pvc. Make sure you buy a gate valve also. He has a kessil 360 on it and it looks pretty good. If you have any questions setting it up let me know

marklugo23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.3%
78   3   0
I had a bad experience w the sca plumbing..pvc is a good idea. I think an algae scrubber may be pointless..I think weekly water changes makes more sense. You may also want to upgrade the sump...the one it comes with is really small and minimal. Def won't fit a scrubber

therich84

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My friend just got the same tank on amazon that came with a kit with the tank stand skimmer return pump. It looks nice. I plumbed it with 1 inch pvc. Make sure you buy a gate valve also. He has a kessil 360 on it and it looks pretty good. If you have any questions setting it up let me know
Do you have any pics of his plumbing so I can get an idea. Thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: