Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
get krylon, cover tank with newspaper and tape sides. you should have no problem if you paint slowly in a bank and forth motion. you know "paint fence side to side". It will take about 2- 4 light coats and you will be done.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
skip the brush unless you want brush strokes.;)

If you are able to take the tank out doors spray paint in my opinion give a neater look, but you must do it correctly. Meaning no drips. Step back and go with smooth slow even coats.

As mray stated the above procedure is for an empty tank. If your tank is stocked then go with a roller. HD sells these really skinny rollers that are great for this application, and if you go with this method make sure you get the long handle applicator.

I have painted most of my tanks with the roller!! With exception of the 20g., that I did by spraying.

Both are just as simple.;) Best wishes on a job well done.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
skip the brush unless you want brush strokes.;)

If you are able to take the tank out doors spray paint in my opinion give a neater look, but you must do it correctly. Meaning no drips. Step back and go with smooth slow even coats.

As mray stated the above procedure is for an empty tank. If your tank is stocked then go with a roller. HD sells these really skinny rollers that are great for this application, and if you go with this method make sure you get the long handle applicator.

I have painted most of my tanks with the roller!! With exception of the 20g., that I did by spraying.

Both are just as simple.;) Best wishes on a job well done.

The foam brush thing works awesome. I used one with rustoleum and was able to apply one smooth thick coat without any brush marks and I was done.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: