mattf0124

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine gave me a CPR bakpak skimmer, only problem is the powerhead burned up.....and he threw it away....including the parts to make it run on the bakpak, will I have to order the parts?....I've read about people using maxi jets on them, are they good to go?....or would i still need the parts, also what powerhead do you recomend, it's the orginal bakpak, thanks

Keith wants a Reef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,
Talk to Jason at Premium Aquatics, tell him you need the maxijet 1200 with venturi kit for your Bak Pak (plus instructions), and he will set you up.

Mike02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reeffanatic.com sells the Rio 600 (venturi edition) for the backpack. The sell both the rio 600 and the 600R. you will want to get the 600R. R=reef ready

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second what Keith says. The Maxijet 1200 works well in the BakPak with one exception:

Does your BakPak have a surface skimmer box? If so and you want to use it, the Maxijet 1200 will not fit into the box. The Maxijet 900 will fit, however.

HTH

markc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now use a DIY venture on my Maxijet simply push some air line into the intake guard as close to the intake mouthas possible.
I have found improved bobble production over the kit supplied.

markc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now use a DIY venture on my Maxijet simply push some air line into the intake guard as close to the intake mouthas possible.
I have found improved bobble production over the kit supplied.

Mike02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a BBS on the CPR website. A CPR tech support person says not to go to a higher capacity powerhead than the Rio600R. Someone had asked him about the Rio800 and he said not to use it. I dont know if those maxijets mentioned above are higher or lower capacity (in terms of g.p.h.) than the Rio600

StrikeThree

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "r" in the BakPak 2R stands for reef, the "R" in a RIO600R stands for "rejuvinating venturi". See, I know everything!

But seriosly, how did you all get the Maxi-Jet 900 to work? Heres how it went for me. Jam the air intake adapter onto the 900, put the hose in the air input, jam the whole thing in to the intake on the Bakpak, fire up the pump. This basically turned the air intake hose in to a fire hose, spraying all over the room. If anyone can give me a hint thanks. PS Matt sorry for piggybacking your post-

Brian

gagnu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that the venturi adapter is connected to the intake of the Maxi Jet and the outake goes into the Bak Pak. One thing to remember is to have the hose above your tank's water level in case of power outages.

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: gagnu ]

Jason Day

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone actually used a MaxiJet 900 on the backpack with the recirculating kit? How did it work? I have an overflow which I would like to keep and use.

Jason

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: