duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
so i have these 4 foot strip lights i purchased last year.i dont think the lights went i do think the little ballast used to control it did break.does anyone know where i can purchase it.i dont know which brand it is so i imagine i will need a selection to look through.if anyone has any idea lmk

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
haha.your right it worked.its the light.there is a split in 1 off the lights which is causing it to short.do you know where to buy another ballast and another led strip.i threw the ballast away thinking it was the ballast.or can i go to the computer store and purchase the cord from a lap top

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Can you show a pic of the strips? Are those 12V ones? If so, most laptop powersupply and 12V bricks will eventually burn out the leds.

You need a regulated voltage ac/dc adapter. It does not have to be expensive but just need a proper one.

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Use a 6 volt transformer.
Do not go over 6 volts pickup an ajustable transformer from Radio Shack or you might have one around the house in which you can ajust the voltage accordingly.If the LED'S get too warm click down 1 volt or 1.5.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: