Blue Tang

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all , i bought a pair of these Zebra Bar fish two weeks ago and my LFG told me they are very easy to keep. i have only seen them out of the rocks maybe three times, Are they known to be very shy or will they start to show themselves soon? It seems such a shame not to see them as they are a beautiful looking little fish. I have been feeding live brine shrimp into the tank but as yet not been able to temp them out. Thanks in advance , Raymond, AKA Blue Tang.

Attachments

• p-80700-Zebra-Barred-Dartf (Small).jpg
    p-80700-Zebra-Barred-Dartf (Small).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 315
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are hardy as hell but shy initially. Keep up the feedings and add flake, mysis, and cyclops to the mix.

Do you have any aggressive fish like dottybacks that might be bothering them?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless they are being picked on, they should come out more as they acclimate. Oh... keep a lid or cover on the tank, those guys are great at carpet surfing!

Blue Tang

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok , thanks for your replies, i had better put the lids back on as they have been off for the last 12 months, I'll keep you updated, thanks again for your replies, Blue Tang. :wink:

FifeReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were the same way. I've had them for about a year now and they will gradually get bolder as time goes on. They eat about anything and so far have been no problem. Give them some time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: