Reef_Paddy

Always Thinkering
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Is there a product out there that is an air pump, battery powered but also mains connected, that would only turn on when the power goes out?

I've got a battery backup for my Vortec but adding oxygen to the tank in the event of a power outage would also benefit the tank inhabits.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
There sure is. It contains 2 D batteries and plugs into a wall outlet. If the power goes off to that outlet, the unit turns on.
I swear by them, and I have a generator, but if I'm not home when the power goes out, this keeps me covered for a while :)

One is made by Aqua Via and it is called Million Air. I will dig up the link for you..they cost about $11. No reason everyone shouldn't have at least one :)

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...78,d.dmQ&fp=b5a02156613597e7&biw=1600&bih=729

Most of our vendors on here can get it for you as well.

Last edited:

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
silent air b11 seems like the one i would be interested in.. thanks for this info as well.. i had one on amazon for a while but it cost about 100.00! smh had no idea there was a cheap alternative.. i bought one just for emergencies made by marina but does not have a plug so i would have to put it manually..

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I agree with Kathy, The Via Aqua Million air pumps are great. They run close to 48hrs on one set of D batteries. They are so cheap there is no reason not to own several. You do need to keep the airstone in the tank and you need a check valve on the airline to prevent back siphoning. I tend to use them most when I am going out of town so I don't have to look at the air stone on a regular basis. You can get creative and hide them behind the rock work.

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The concept is you plug it to your power supply so when the power goes off it sets a signal to run on batteries so it can hold you off till you handle the power situation or the power turns on.. The plugging part doesnt charge or operate the air pump it just senses the power outage and puts the air pump on when it does..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: