• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone have experience with these guys? Recommend a place to buy? I've read a lot about them but always prefer experience from people I trust.

I've got to put some aptasia control in my reef before it gets out of hand. Peppermint Shrimp aren't working and whenever I use Aptasia X (or whatever it's called) they disappear for 2 weeks and come back.

Berghia's seem like the perfect solution even though it could take a few months up to a year for them to establish themselves.

How many should I use for a 40 gallon breeder with 150+ lbs of rock and coral.
Do they have any enemies I might have in my reef?

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You have 150 lbs of rock in a 40Br?! :bigeyes: That seems like a lot.

I do not believe many people have had any long term success with these nudibranchs. How many peppermint shrimp did you add? And how are you applying the Aiptasia X?

I have had good luck kalking aiptasia, but I always use a syringe with a metal needle. This way I can inject the aiptasia directly at the base and into its body - I don't have to rely on it eating the kalk paste. It also helps to scrape the rock a little with you are done.

I have also had really good luck with peppermint shrimp, but for my 40Br I added 3 or 4 before I started to see it working.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
i am planning to order some but they were out of stock and the wait time is 8 weeks. for i know of a few places pm me and maybe we can combine so shipping is a bit less

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: