Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I need to buy a great heater for my 75 gallon tank with prob 10-15 gallon sump. I had some old glass one and the other day it started smoking out of my cabinet and it was my heater. It broke and everything started sizzling. Thank God i was home when this happened. Wife went crazy so i need the best heater out there to make sure this does not happen again. Any suggestions guys?!?

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Regardless of the brand, I always buy a new heater at about the 1 year mark. They're inexpensive enough and are just not the best made piece of equipment in my opinion. Too many stories of broken heaters and leaking current to trust an old one.

The old heater gets sent to the water change bucket.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Regardless of the brand, I always buy a new heater at about the 1 year mark. They're inexpensive enough and are just not the best made piece of equipment in my opinion. Too many stories of broken heaters and leaking current to trust an old one.

The old heater gets sent to the water change bucket.

i agree!!!!! $30-40/year on a new heater is definitely something we all can afford!! which reminds me, its time to order a new Eheim. i really just love anything made in Germany.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I guess it is better to buy 2 of them to be safe. Still havent decided. Will order something tomorrow still want to get some more feed back. Leaning toward Cobalt. Like the sleekish design. But will see. Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: