rhudgins

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am looking to buy a 5-7 stage RO/DI for my reef tank. Right now I have a 3 stage and I do not think my water is pure enough. Can anyone recommend a top of the line RO/DI unit with 5-7 stages? I am looking to spend around $300 or less. I have been told the Extreme Typhoon 3 is good from airwaterice.com. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
That is an excellent choice. You can also check out Buck Eye Field Supply.
Both are MR sponsors.

I don't think you will need all those stages. As far as I know, NYC does not use Chloramine.

My favorite feature that I added to my RODI setup is a DI-bypass. I like to flush the pre-filters and RO (down to 0 on the TDS meter) before I start pumping the water through the DI resin and into my storage tanks.

nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
check out the one i got excellent unit comes with everything its called a aqua fx mako, outstanding has a built on tds reading the thing is insane. got my from saltwatercritters.com he is a vendor on here ask for russ just tell him dave sent you and he will know excatly what you need that i got 100gpd, comes with wrench all filters included thing is a beast

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: