jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I want a large flat rock to put in front of my overflow.

about 10"x18" would do the trick.

I'd like to glue fags to it to take advantage of the huge amount of open space and lots of light the space gets.

if you can make one let me know that would be cool to, maybe even better so I could get the exact size.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
spykes said:
my LFS has one that size it's dead fiji rock, they want 2 bucks a lb.

dood,

can you grab me a piece when your there next?

thanks I really appreciate it!! :D

I'll speak to you about it later.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
jenniebutterfly said:
jonathan i have a big one that i glue frags to right now, and it is thin and pretty light, if you can hold off for a few days i will weigh it and you could have it
oh lord (sigh) it looks like i will not be getting any rock. LOL

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Jhale, if you can wait a month for it to cure i can make you a piece of Argocrete to fit exactly. I was going to mix up some to make some frag plugs anyway
Just let me know.
Also are you around this week or out on LI?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jenniebutterfly said:
jonathan i have a big one that i glue frags to right now, and it is thin and pretty light, if you can hold off for a few days i will weigh it and you could have it

thanks Jennifer :) ,

I decided to have one made to fit the space, I don't need it to be live rock.
the person made rock will work really well.

So Aaron if you up for it and have the time I 'd love to get a rock from you.

I'm thinking the back can be totally flat and it can have a a base that slopes up, just to make it more stable. I'll attach it at the top of the overflow using zip ties maybe. I'm planning on being in the city this weekend, I want to go over and check out shauns newly done tanks. give me a call if you want to get together.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well I just need to have a look at the size you need and have a bit of a talk to you about the shape. Actually mabe you can swing by before or after you go to shaun's this weekend and we can do it together, I'm just across the gowanus from him.
Then you just need to put it in the toilet cistern for a month or so to cure. (people laugh but it really is the best place for it)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
sounds good. I'll measure for it, but 18" high, by 10" wide, thin at the top, with a base deep enough to keep it upright.

I'm going to glue a ton of frags on the top 1/3 of it. it will be a shelf of sps :)

how long does it take to dry?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this is before anything went in the tank, the middle area has no rocks now, just that big green and purple cap. so all the space is wasted, plus it's got a 250mh right over it.

inthebegining.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: